How to measure and order
Precise measuring of the mat well and correct order of your mat will save you extra works for fitting the mat and subsequent operations.
When you have existing mat well or set dimensions
Option I - When you have existing mat well or set dimensions, i.e. in a project.
In order to produce your mat according to the existing mat well, carefully measure the length and width of the mat well.
The length is measured in direction of traffic - L. The other measurement, perpendicularly to the traffic direction is the width - W (see the picture).
For production of the mat we need precise measurements of the mat well, that is L=...and W=...
If your mat has a complex shape, you have to provide us with detailed drawing and/or template.
Without existing mat well
Option II - When there is no mat well.
If you do not have existing mat well and specified dimensions you can:
1. Order the mat according the size you need.
To do that, calculate the length and width according fig.1 and send us the dimensions of the future mat well.
Your mat will be produced according to the size of the well.
Your mat well is 100 x 100cm, the mat contains 16 profiles, each 6cm wide and 2.5cm end profile. The mat will be produced with +0 - 5mm tolerance.
Look fig. 2
Calculating the exact number of profiles
2. If you want the mat to exact number of profiles and no end profile
calculate the size according fig. 3.
For its production we still need precise mat well dimensions, that is L=....and W=...
Additionally, as a remark to the order, inform us that the mat contains exact number of profiles, so we double check your calculations.
How to acamble the mat and frame
According to the ordered size mat and the transport conditions, your mat may be delivered per disassembled modules or packed directly. If your mat is delivered disassembled by modules, follow the instructions below:
Unpack the package
Arranging the moduls
Congratulations - you've already assembled the mat without mat frame.
If the mat is assembled, skip steps 1 to 7
Mounting of the frame corner planks
8. If you ordered entrance mat with mat frame, take the 4 corner planks, the mat frame profiles and 16 screws.
9. Turn the frame profile from the bottom side, as indicated. Put the end of the frame profile into the groove. Slide the second frame profile, and carefully insert the other part of frame corner plank into the groove.
Fixing of the mat frame
Your entrance mat and frame are ready to install in the mat well.
How to prepare the mat well
To install the entrance mat properly, the mat well has to be made according to certain rules and requirements.
1. On the floor, draw the shape and size of the mat well, according the mat ordered. Please note that the mat well size should be about 5 mm larger than the overall size of the mat. Be careful with width and length - the length size is taken in the direction of movement (L). The width is parallel to the size of the door frame (W).
Cutting the mat well
How to install the mat and the mat frame
To install your entrance mat properly, please follow the instruction:
Mat size check
Frame corner plank preparation
Self levelling compound preparation
4. The base of the mat well should be healthy and strong. To level the base, use self levelling compound. Prepare self levelling compound according to the manufacturer technical data. If you need to lift and flat the level above 3-5 mm may be necessary to use special filler mixtures suitable for large thicknesses.
Mat frame levelling
Filling with the self leveling compound
6. Fill with prepared self levelling compound up to the upper horizontal edge frame profile so that the mat has to 'lies' on equal base. See the picture. "Legs" of the frame corner planks are poured with self levelling compound and prevent of the frame profile. This eliminated the needed of the pins attaced.
7. When the self levelling compound is dry and achieve its final strength, depends of the manufacture technical data and the weather conditions, you can place the mat in the mat well.